Latest News & Announcements
Polk County Schools have the details on back to school on their web site at the link below. Details on buses, schools and classrooms, cafeterias, clinics, common areas, students with disabilities, and more are addressed.
Parent Portal is a service offered to parents and guardians for accessing certain student records. The service allows parents and guardians to access information about all of their students through one convenient website. This eliminates the need to visit several different websites, make telephone calls or visit the school to access records and information. Union Academy strongly recommends that all families utilize this resource this school year. More information and the login is located at https://polkschoolsfl.com/parentportal/
Union Academy eLearning will be delivered by a uniform learning management system that will make it easier for students and parents to participate in virtual learning, Schoology. This learning platform integrates classroom resources, online meetings, assessments, and other functions of the digital classroom. Login and more information can be found at the county site https://polkschoolsfl.com/knowledgebase/schoology/.
- This year’s on campus orientation is for incoming 6th grade students only to maintain safe distancing. It will be by appointment from 9:00 a.m. till noon on Thursday, August 20.
- A link to the virtual orientation will be posted in the Latest News and Announcements on Thursday from 9am – 7pm
Only students enrolled in the eSchool program will be allowed to sign out a digital device. Sign out times are from 1 pm till 3 pm on Thursday, August 20, 9 am till noon and 1 till 3 on Friday, August 21. Further details:
- Devices will be assigned to all students participating in eLearning on a 1 to 1 basis (every student gets a device).
- 6th and 7th grade students will be issued an Apple iPad for distance learning.
- 8th grade students will be issued a Windows based laptop. The student must login to the laptop at Union Academy to establish their credentials on the device before taking it home. Without
Further information on eSchool can be found at https://polkschoolsfl.com/knowledgebase/campus-eschool/
- School hours are 8:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Students should arrive between 7:40 and 8:00 AM. Late students must sign in at the main office after 8:00 am. Dismissal is at 3:00. All students must be off campus by 3:20.
- 6th and 7th grade car riders will still be dropped off and picked up in the Gym Loop on the east side of campus. Please approach campus from the north.
- 8th grade and anyone who has students in multiple grades levels will use the main office circle drive for drop off and pick up. That is in the center of campus, please approach from the west.
eSchool Breakfast and Lunch will be served weekly from 9:30 to 10:30 every Wednesday in the main office circle drive. This is for eSchool Students only.